- "Tabbed box" widget allows you to place widgets into tabs. Clicking on the tabs makes the corresponding content display instantly. The currently visible tab is remembered across page loads.
- "Featured Posts" is rewritten. It makes possible to create widgets that contain custom (ordered) list of posts.
- "Follow Me" widget allows users to add links to their social media profiles. The links are displayed as icons for the respective social network.
- Additional color/style created for slideshow widget. User can now choose between a dark and light version.
- The publications page can be configured to only show publications of certain types.
- In addition to In Press and Submitted, publications can be marked as Forthcoming.
- Authors and contributors can be ordered.
- Related External Link can be given a title.
- WYSIWYG Theme Consistency - The WYSIWYG editor has been upgraded to display content as it would appear in your site as you edit it. No more font or spacing changes after clicking save!
- Iframes can now be pasted into wysiwyg. The domain of the src must be in a whitelist set in the administration section of an install.
- HTML mode respects line breaks, allowing for easier editing.
- Updated help. Documentation is both easier to find and more complete.
- Included spellchecker.
- Comments can be added to any content type through a user’s control panel
- In addition to the standard Drupal comments, you can also use Disqus and Facebook comments.
- Comment type can be configured per content type to allow more flexibility
- Olark Chat provides live chat option as an alternative to email based support.
- MailChimp box. Site owners with mailing lists can include this widget to attract users to subscribe. Additionally, site admins can set up a mailing list for their site, which is automatically populated every time a new user creates an account.
- New public theme "Collegiate" added with two flavors, red and blue.
- New control panel icons have been added.
Major Bugs Fixed
- Enabled caching on publications page.
- Fixed permissions on cp/content to prevent anonymous users from viewing a vsite’s content listing.
- Iframes from Inline Media now function properly.
- RSS Feeds save and utilize user choices properly.
- Prevented a node’s path from changing when its title is updated.
- New users can register with a valid email address regardless of whitespace surrounding the email address
- Books swap taxonomy and comments in addition to the book page contents
- Print book view now prints entire contents of a book
Upgrade From Previous Version
- Create a backup of your database prior to updating
- Put your site into "Maintenance mode" the update may take a few minutes (/admin/settings/site-maintenance)
- un-tar and replace the file tree (stash the custom modules you have added in another part of the filesystem, then move them back after the new version is in place)
- Run (/update.php)
- Run all available updates
- In the rare case that your upgrade fails due to timeout the update have been written to recover themselves so you can refresh the page or hit start again
- When updates complete verify that there are no red "failure: message"
Developer Upgrade Notes
- Drupal core has been upgraded to version 6.23 http://drupal.org/node/1425084
- Updated Drupal contrib modules: shorten, token, pathauto, strongarm, date, imagecache, fb_social, data, and features.
- Localization modules and installer translations have been included. OpenScholar can be installed in 93 different languages. While the translation files for some of these languages are incomplete, OpenScholar provides the localization client module, which launches an on screen interface for translating strings into a user’s native language.
- Textual biblio years (submitted, in press, etc) can be added by setting a biblio_year_text_$YEAR system variable, without having to change biblio code.